As we start to get into the colder and darker winter months most Canadian companies will find it increasingly more difficult to keep your team motivated and efficient. Here are some tips that managers and employers can do every day to keep their employees motivated.
1. Establish step by step milestones. When working towards a goal, having small steps to accomplish before reaching the goal is critical. such as, if you wish your sales team to create 30 contacts over their workday, show them that they just have to make five contacts each hour. This makes the goal more sizable and easier to grab and hold.
2. In instances where there is lots of time being wasted doing things that must not be done, such as browsing the Internet, take away the risks. such as, you have a presentation to finish but you keep discovering yourself browsing online. Instead of doing that, get down to the park to work. There is no Internet and you can get the project done.
3. Tackle the hardest tasks first. That way, there is no worry about procrastinating with them and instead, they are done and taken care of leaving more time for the necessary tasks.
4. There will be days when there just isn't enough time. What must be done? increase efficiency by focusing on the most necessary things. Keep in mind the Pareto principle that 80 percent of the value of any event will come from the 20 percent effort that's put towards it. Concentrate on that 20 percent.
5. Stay organised and get rid of clutter. Cluttered spaces often means cluttered minds. It will hold you back from achieving your unsurpassable purpose.
6. Offer rewards to those who accomplish the purpose. These do not have to be big things but they must be something that they wish. such as, if a team is working on a big project, offer to take them to lunch if it's completed prior.
7. Use resources. If the team has the necessary resources on hand to finish the task, they are more likely to be able to do just that. Encourage them to do this to increase their efficiency.
These are several tips that you can incorporate into the day to day tasks to accomplish your purpose. Ultimately, by increasing the ability to perform the task at the best level will enhance the ability of the workers to do well in the long term as well as the short term. That means benefits for everyone.